Sunday, March 13, 2011

Funny Faces


Aidan went to a birthday party a couple of weeks ago and in his goody bag he received these glasses. They looked absolutely hilarious on the boys but trying to get pictures of them wearing them have been less than easy. The boys (especially Aidan) have created a game with us when we try to take pictures of them. They take off running. So many of our pics of the boys lately have been action shots.
Aidan is doing a bit better in the "brave" department. We are still not completely over crying when I leave him at preschool but he is definitely getting better. He really struggled last week Friday during the Grandparent Tea. The class got up to sing songs and he fought back the tears the entire time until it was over. He then went over to Mimi and cried for a moment. In this situation we know that he truly hates having lots of people starring at him. So, I understand the tears from that perspective. But he did really good to hold off the tears until the end. We are trying not to make it a big deal and just work with it when it comes and as we do I think it is becoming less and less. Definitely never a dull moment with my boys.

Spring break has started this week for Jamie and Aidan. We have nothing exciting planned. Would we love to be somewhere warm and exotic. Absolutely! But instead we will make our own fun at home for two weeks. I have no doubt that we will find fun things for us to do and have lots of laughs along the way.

The boys have been lots of fun lately. We spend lots of time playing hide and seek and spending evenings in the bath. For some reason Jaxon has wanted to have a bath every night after dinner. I can't complain. They love playing in the bath together still. It gives us a break as well. Speaking of water, the boys just finished their swimming lessons. They did not pass their levels but they have both learned lots. Aidan's teacher told us that he is doing really great and there are only a couple of things that Aidan needs to work on before he pass. I think at first he was disappointed but when we explained that it was not something he failed at it will be fun to be a Salamander again he was fine. Jaxon probably has lots of work before he passes Sea Turtle but it is fine if he doesn't pass because I would like to keep the boys at least a level apart so Jaxon doesn't pass Aidan.

I have 6 weeks before the Sun Run 10km run. I am not feeling the most confident at the moment since I was out sick for two weeks. This past week was the first week back and it was a bit rough in the running department. I love having a gym to go to to work out and run but I must admit that I do enjoy running outside more than on a treadmill. It is easy to push myself farther when I run through town. On the treadmill I lose a bit of my determination. Hopefully during these next two weeks I will be able to run outside.

Hopefully this week and next I will be able to take some time to take pictures and document out fun.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

rachel joy said...

It's been hard to watch Aidan fight the tears and try to be so brave. I really admire your perspective on it, and trust that he really will grow out of it.
Do you mean you don't want Jaxon to pass Aidan in lessons? I'm the same with my boys. Max didn't pass Sea Turtle and Marty was ready to start it. With a few broken bones delaying lessons, we just started today and Max jumped up to the beginner school age group and Marty started Sea Turtle. It's actually been about 3 years since our last attempt! They both got off to a great start so I hope the daily lessons this week will help them get through. Didn't you get sick or injured before your last big race? No fun. Again, I admire your determination. :)

Beck's Bulletin said...

Love the pictures!!! So fun! Your boys are lots of fun....even playing 'Go, Go, Stop' yesterday was a hoot!

Nancy said...

Great pictures Meg, The boys look so funny in thse glasses. Hope the weather is improving there and you can get outside to run and have some fun. Hope you are having a great spring break .