Monday, February 07, 2011

Our Superbowl Party

This year was pretty quiet for the Superbowl game. Jamie had school that day so he arrived home just before the game started. The boys got up from their nap time/quiet time, I made some popcorn and Aidan decided that he wanted to play football while watching the game ;) So, typical for our boys. They can watch a movie but when it comes to sports it is more fun to play the game while watching instead of just sit and watch and then play. Jaxon and Daddy enjoyed the popcorn while Aidan would throw, pass and tackle with his football.
I have to admit that his form is pretty good in this shot. I can't say that for other shots or pics I took.
Here Aidan would set the ball up on the ground and then try to kick the ball himself. It is quite hilarious to watch since it is hard to hold the ball and then give it a good kick at the same time.
Jaxon is completely oblivious to what he is doing with the ball. He just follows his brother's lead and if he gets the ball he will run head on into him or run to a spot in the house and yell "touchdown" I am sure he will get the concept eventually.
I have been trying to take more pictures these days. I want to try to captures more moments. You would think that with parents (both mine and my in-laws) love to take pictures that I would have learned or had the love of taking photos transfer but so far....nothing. I always think about it and then realize I don't have my camera. I love seeing photos that others and wish that I would do the same but for some reason grabbing the camera does not even show up on my list of things to grab when leaving the house. I am working on it. Definitely a work in progress.
I was challenged this weekend through reading some one's blog to think back over 2010 and try to pick a word that would describe it for myself. I have been thinking about it lots and I decided that it would have to be the word, "determined." I have been determine to:
be a better wife
be a better mom (to respond instead of react - Proverbs 15:1)
be a light in my community
set an example for my boys
show love more in the ways that all of boys need
reach and exceed the running goals I had/have for myself

I have realized that this word that I chose to describe 2010 also carries over to 2011. All of these areas are definitely works in progress. I have seen improvement but I also know there is always room for growth. So, for 2011 I am determined to allow God to continue to do His work in me.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Your pictures are great. Looks like your Superbowl party was lots of fun. Aidan looks like a pro, just a little on the skinny side. We always appreciate the pictures you take and post. They are such a blessing to us.
I would agree with your word "determined". It fits you to a tea. Your goals humble me. I know you will make them all, Love mom

Beck's Bulletin said...

Love all the pictures!! Aidan's form is pretty amazing for a 4 1/2 year old....and I love your word for the year...'determined'....good choice!

Anneliese said...

Beautiful post, Megan. Love those goals. It is good to have them... to know the direction you are running. God bless.