Monday, June 06, 2011

White Rock Traditions...

This past Sunday we spent the afternoon in White Rock. It was a beautiful day for fish n' chips, the beach and ice cream. I can't even tell you how long we have done this White Rock outing but it is wonderful. We have done it several time with Jamie's parents as well as just going the four of us.

First, we hit Moby Dick's for fish n chips and then off to the beach. It is a lot of fun to let the boy go and run through the water when the tide is out. Both boys were a bit tentative at first but they warmed up to the idea. Jaxon didn't want me to put him down at first...but eventually I just put him down and he got use to it. It was a great way for the boys to run off all of their energy.
It was probably one of the first times going to White Rock that we haven't used a stroller. Normally we have the stroller to hold everything that we might need. This time we didn't even think to bring it and we didn't really need it. It was a long walk for the boys but they managed just fine. It was wonderful! For some reason, Aidan has always equated White Rock with ice cream. I don't think we have always gotten ice cream but in his mind it was necessary. There is a great gelato place right off the pier that we have always gone to (when we get ice cream).

Aidan has always been our sharer. I can't ever remember a time where it has been that hard for him to share. He has always had a tender heart that way. We now just have to work on sharing and NOT expecting something in return ;) Oh, the life lessons.....they seem endless.

Jaxon on the other hand....is NOT a good sharer. It is quite funny. When you ask him if you can have some or if you try to take some without asking....he gets very upset and raises his voice. I kept trying to sneak little bites of his vanilla gelato. It was so good, I couldn't resist. He has his moments of greatness in the sharing department but they are few and far between.

Good to the last drop.

Aidan has his last week of preschool this week. I can't believe that we have finished this school year. Granted, the real school year isn't over quite yet...but for Aidan this is a great accomplishment. He has learned so much and has grown in self-confidence. I look forward to next year when he is in kindergarten. It is going to be such a fun year for him as he enters school. I know without a shadow of a doubt that he is ready for this. I know he will go through some struggles adjusting to the all day everyday but that is part of life. Learning, growing and adjusting to whatever (good or bad) life brings us.
Jaxon couldn't quite make the trek back to the car after ice cream. His little leggy's had gone far enough and without a nap he was definitely tired. At first, we thought he might actually fall asleep on Jamie's shoulder's. He had put his head on Jamie's head but when the camera came out he popped back up ;)

Speaking of camera....all of these pictures were taking from my new Android phone! I was so thrilled as I tend to forget the camera when we go and do things. I have no excuses anymore as long as I have my phone. It was great!


2 comments:

kelly ens said...

looks like fun! WHat a great day to get out :)

Beck's Bulletin said...

Great pictures!! Now you will understand why I am always taking pictures on my phone now too! It was such a fun day on Sunday...lets do it again soon!