Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's All Over but Just Beginning.....

Monday of this week we celebrated a milestone for Aidan.....preschool graduation. I feel like it was just yesterday that I took him for his very first day of school and yet here we sit one school year completed. Ms. Karen was one of his teachers. Aidan loved Ms. Karen. She was a perfect fit for him. I am so thankful that preschool was a success. Aidan has grown so much into his own person and I know he is ready for Kindergarten.

Last Friday Aidan's preschool class had a party at the park. It was a fun time for the kids to play and finish off the school year. I guess during the school year when the kids had lots of energy they would take the class to the gym to run them. So, the party started out with running....very fitting. They had to race to a tree and back. As you can see, Aidan took it very seriously and worked very hard to finish first. He's not competitive at all! Not at all.



Aidan did a great job during his preschool graduation ceremony. For those that know Aidan he is not one to like attention focused on him. So when it comes to his class singing songs Aidan does not sing nor does he do the actions. He focuses his attention on his teacher and just watches her the whole time. This helps him not look at all the people staring in his direction. He really does not like a lot of attention. He also does not enjoy having his picture taken. It is a fight to get him to smile for the picture. I pretty much have to threaten and then tickle him during the picture taking process. So, when we get a good one we are happy and we don't push...or at least we try not to.

This game was the cutest to watch. It was all about wearing Ms. Karen's clothes. They had to put on a pair of her old shorts and a hat...then run to the tree and back. All the kids had so much fun. It was alot of fun watching them enjoy the games.
It has been quite a year of many experiences and growth not only for Aidan but for myself as well. I pray that as he continues to grow that I continue to grow into a better Mommy for him. That means that I need to allow God to come and transform me into the best parent I can be. Waking up each morning and letting HIM take over. It can be a hard thing to remember but I know that as I continue to ask for this transformation in my life that it will happen. I know I have grown and I know he has grown. I am excited to see the continuation of what God has in store for both of us. I love you my Aidan! Even when we have to "start over."

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

awww - so cute! it's amazing how fast this year went, but i agree about seeing growth in our oldest ones...SO thankful for this year of preschool to prepare them for Kindy! :)

Nancy said...

Congratulation Aidan!!!Your first graduation ceremony. YOu did a good job at preschool this year and learned to do so many things. We remember getting to see you use scissors for the first time. Now you can read speed limit signs to help Mommy and Daddy drive safely.You are growing up way too fast. We enjoyed seeing your graduation pictures.

Beck's Bulletin said...

It was so fun to be there at Aidan's graduation....the first of many!