Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kindergarten Here we Come

Aidan has finished his two half days of kindergarten and begin full day everyday tomorrow. I keep thinking about it and have those butterflies that I felt when I went to school. I am so excited for him and I am proud of who he has become. The half day's of school have gone well and he has loved every moment.

He is going in a bit blind as he knows no one in his class but to be honest I think that is best. He has the chance to make new friends. And is learning quickly how to make friends. He has already come home and talked about his new friend, Jason. I am excited to meet him and his mom and/or dad. Thankfully, Aidan is familiar with his school as we helped out with the breakfast program last year. And his teacher is someone he met last year. I really think that having him get familiar with the school last year has helped him this year.

Just in the last couple of weeks I feel like he has made HUGE strides for himself in growing up. He seems to be a bit more self-confident, comfortable with leaving us, and able to express his emotions in a positive way. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this boy!


As I write this, Aidan is at school for his first FULL day. He was so excited to go and didn't seem to struggle to leave me this morning....I was thrilled. I know this is the first day and we could very well have more mornings of struggles but I am going to take this one day at a time and hopefully we will continue to make positive strides.


My prayer for you my Aidan, is that you will be a good friend to those in your class. Always looking out for those around you. Being helpful for your teachers and classmates. That your self-confidence will continue to grow. That compassion, mercy and love will flow from you. That you will make some great friends and have a sense of belonging with your friends and school. This is your school now a place where you will be challenged and encourage and where you can be an encouragement to those around you. Oh yeah, and if you learn academically along the way...that is good too ;)




3 comments:

rachel joy said...

such a big boy! I'm happy for you and for him as well that he's off to such a good start.

Beck's Bulletin said...

So good to hear that the first two half days went well. I have been thinking of him lots and praying that he will adjust well to this new season of his life! You are so grown up already Aidan and I am so excited for you and to hear all about it when I get home again.

kelly ens said...

awesome! so glad he's excited :)