Wednesday, October 19, 2011

So Proud

A couple of weeks ago Jamie finally finished what he started last September.....is Master's of Education. I am so proud of him and what he has accomplished. When we started this journey several years ago he never thought he would pursue the Master's. However, I think I knew all along that he would eventually get it.

Last fall/winter was long and hard for us with him gone every other weekend to SFU but we made it through and now we are on the other side.....FINISHED! It was so fun for me to be able to go with him to his graduation and watch him complete what very few ever receive.
It was an outdoor ceremony which meant it was cold up on the mountain but it was a very impressive ceremony. What we started we were able to finish together. Originally, we thought that we would bring the boys with us but it was a very long day and I think the boys were definitely happier staying home. The boys would have gone crazy; would have gotten bored and cold....and then I would have not been able to enjoy it.
When Jamie was doing his Master's work I didn't really understand the topic/focus he had but when it was all done I understood much more and was so impressed. His topic was how to motivate students in the area of academics along with using technology. He learned so much and is using what he learned in his own classroom.
For those of you who know Jamie, you will know that he truly does has a passion to motivate, encourage and challenge his students. The day he graduated with his Master's was just another proud moment for me watching him continue to grow. If you can't tell, I am completely proud of my handsome man! He isn't going to like that I took time to gloat about it here....but too bad. He deserves it!

4 comments:

Darin and Jody said...

Way to go big brother, I'm so proud of you!! I can hardly wait to see you all in 2 months!

Beck's Bulletin said...

He does deserve it!!! I totally agree!It was soooo much fun to be there with you and be part of all the pomp and circumstance. What awesome memories. And we too are so very proud of him.

Earle Expedition said...

What a great accomplishment. Pass on our congrats!!

Nancy said...

Congrats Jamie !! We're proud of you too! We know it was a tough road for you and the whole family, but you all persevered.! May the Lord use all you've learned to motivate your students to excell and may they be drawn to CHrist by your Godly character.
Glad we got to see the pictures of your ceremony.