Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SNOW!

We have finally gotten snow this past weekend and week; which means that we are trying to spend lots of time playing in it. On the weekend the snow was perfect for packing so the boys and I made our first snowman. Believe it or not, Aidan rolled the bottom ball for the snowman all by himself.

And of course, we couldn't play in the snow without having a snowball fight. I did join in the fight but I tried to take some pictures before they starting pelting me with snow. Not many of them actually turned out....oh well.
Jaxon had the opportunity to go sledding with the daycare that he goes to....but we have not gone yet as a family. Sadly, we don't even have a sled. I know, I know. Not good that we don't own a sled....but we will get one eventually.
To be honest, I can't believe we actually have this much snow. It is really pretty and it reminds me so much of growing up in Michigan but I am not expecting it to last too long. It never seems to.
It is suppose to stay cold and then snow again tonight and tomorrow but I believe after Wed it will start warming up and then we will mostly say goodbye to the snow.
Oh yes, and what is the perfect ending to playing in the snow??? Hot chocolate! Yes, we have been consuming our fair share of that as well. For now, we will enjoy the snow and the hot chocolate! Cuz, there's nothing quite like it!

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

It's hard to spend money on a sled when it gets used once every 3 years :) Taeya has a cheap dora one, but we do want to get a better quality one too. glad you guys are getting to enjoy it...we haven't much with E's awful cough/cold. and soon enough, the rain will come :(
great picture - so fun! And yes, the hot chocolate :)

Beck's Bulletin said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! When we only get snow once or twice a year you definitely have to get out and enjoy it and play in it! Well Done! Thanks for sharing the pictures with all of us!

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun :)

JJ said...

Megan, so often I check and enjoy your blog. You have two amazing little boys and I can only imagine how busy they must keep you! You appear to be enjoying being a wife and mother. What a great job! Be encouraged and keep up the good work.
Your in-laws have been friends for a LONG time and that makes your family important to us!