Thursday, March 22, 2012

It took long enough.....

It took us 8+ years to get back on the slopes. We had been talking with some friends of ours that like to ski and we decided that during spring break we needed to try to make it happen. It felt so good. I have to be honest I was a bit nervous since it had been so long.
We went to Hemlock, a local mountain just outside of the Mission area. I had gone once before and Jamie remembers this mountain from going on school trips. However, his memories were never of the weather being anything but rainy. Today was the complete opposite. I could not get over how beautiful it was.

Gorgeous!
When we got there in the morning the sun was shining but the clouds rolled in and it started to snow. It had obviously snowed the night before because the powder was thick and deep. There weren't many people on the slopes in the morning so it was so fun to try to get my ski legs back. I am happy to report that they did come back....along with all the memories I have of skiing. By the afternoon the sun was out and the clouds moved away and we were able to enjoy the beauty.
Jamie and I both agreed that this is something we definitely want to teach our boys. We couldn't believe that it took 8 years for us to get back on the mountain but I suppose time / life gets away from you. It was so fun to go with friends that like to ski as well. We enjoyed the time together and dreamt of ski trips together as families with our kids.

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

Nicely done! I haven't been boarding in years either...probably around the same amount of time!

Beck's Bulletin said...

Wow it was beautiful up there!! Good for you to capture it in pictures...glad you had a great day! I know the boys and I had a good one too.

Darin and Jody said...

That is so fun that you were able to get to do something that you both love that you haven't done for so long! I miss the mountains.

Nancy said...

So glad you shared these pictures. It brought back memories of our family ski trips. It certainly looked like a perfect day. Glad you had the chance to go.
Hope Aidan and Jaxon get to go someday. i can just see them zooming around scaring you to death like your brother used to do to us.